Digital Ocean is a cloud infrastructure provider that provides cloud services that help deploy and scale applications that run simultaneously on multiple computers. Digital Oceans offers S3-compatible object storage which is supported as an output store within the Telestream cloud. As a pre-requisite, you'll need to have an active account at Digital Ocean.
More info about Digital Ocean Spaces is available on the product page
Spaces is an S3-compatible object storage service that lets you store and serve large amounts of data. Each Space is a bucket for you to store and serve files. Tutorial on how to create a Space in Digital Ocean can be found here (Tutorial).
Log into your Digital Oceans account and select the project. If necessary a new project can be created. A tutorial on how to create new projects can be found here (Tutorial)
To create a new Space for your project click on the "Create" button located on the upper right corner of the screen and select "Space"
- Please choose and enter the necessary information below and complete the form.
- Choose a datacenter region. The datacenter region you choose will also become part of a Space’s endpoint URL.
- Choose to restrict file listing. The visibility of a Space’s file listing has no effect on the visibility of the files themselves. You can change the file listing visibility at any time after creation.
- Choose a unique name for your Space. The name of the Space makes up part of its endpoint URL and cannot be changed once it is created. Names must be:
- unique among all users in all regions. If the name you choose is already in use, a message will appear which says Space already exists.
- between 3 and 63 characters long.
- Contain only lowercase letters, numbers, and dashes.
- Select a Project to associate the Space to.
- Click on the Create a Space button to finish.
Space URL Naming
The Spaces URL naming pattern is spacename.region.digitaloceanspaces.com and region.digitaloceanspaces.com/spacename, where spacename is the name of your Space and region is the region your Space is in.
- New York = spacename.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com
- A newly created storage (Space)should become available and displayed on the screen.
To access our files from outside of the Digital Ocean Control Panel, we need to generate an Access Key and a Secret Key. These are a pair of random tokens that serve as a username and password to grant access to your Space.
- Click on the API link in the main navigation of the Control Panel. The resulting page lists your Digital Ocean API tokens and Spaces access keys. Scroll down to the Spaces portion:
- If this is your first Space, you might not have any keys listed. Click the Generate New Key button. The New Spaces key dialog will pop up:
- Enter a Name to associate Access Keys and click the Check Box to finish.
- Once you've clicked the Check Box a new Access Key and Secret Key will be generated.
Please keep both Keys in a safe place for future use.
Note that Secret Keys are only displayed once at the time of creation. You will not be able to retrieve the Secret Key afterwards. Please save and keep this information safe. If the Secret Key is lost, new keys will need to be regenerated again.
- To add Digital Oceans as outputs storage, log in to your Telestream Cloud account and go to Manage Stores.
- Click the "Add Store" button in the data store list view.
- Select Digital Ocean as the type of storage you wish to use.
- Enter the necessary information listed below to grant Telestream Cloud access to your Digital Ocean storage.
- Access Key
- Secret Key
- Bucket Name (Also known as "Spaces" in Digital Ocean)
Once you've completed the form click "Add Store" to add your Digital Ocean store to Telestream Cloud.
Updated 10 days ago